Whatever craft you practice, your work takes a lot of time and energy to create. It’s all worth it in the end, though, because then you’ll have a beautiful piece of art that will last for years to come. Protect your fabrics over time by following the steps below!
• Our fabrics are 100% cotton. Some fading should be anticipated when washing natural fabrics, especially on darker shades.
• To minimize fading, always wash on cool/cold washer settings, or hand-wash in cold water.
• Be sure that fabrics are spread out, not balled up or folded, to ensure an even wash.
• Set machines to a gentle or delicate cycle, especially if using a front-loading washer, which fade fabrics faster because of the increased tumbling action. If using a front-loading washer, set to a gentle spin cycle to decrease risk of fading.
• We recommend using a phosphate-free detergent to preserve color. Here are our favorite brands:
1. Seventh Generation Free and Clear
2. Biokleen Free and Clear
3. ECOS Free and Clear
4. Method Free and Clear
5. Planet Ultra Laundry Liquid
6. All Small & Mighty Free and Clear
• Tumble dry on a low temperature or permanent setting. Remove from the machine promptly. Air-dry large projects if possible.
• Iron using your machine’s Cotton settings, or on a high heat. Use steam to remove wrinkles if necessary.
• Iron print-side down for best results.
• Ensure your iron is clean before beginning. Mineral deposits may cause unexpected marks or stains.